Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Drawing

Visitors to Ocracoke may remember seeing this wooden skiff tied up at the Community Square dock.















This skiff was built on Ocracoke about forty years ago by my father, Lawton Howard. It now belongs to me. Unfortunately, I haven't had it in the water much lately because there have been numerous problems with the outboard motor.

The sketch above was made by my 15 year old grandson, Eakin Howard. You can see more of his artwork at http://eakinsdrawings.wordpress.com/.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is an account of the 2013 Portsmouth Island Christmas Bird Count. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news012114.htm


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:34 AM

    Your grandson is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:43 PM

    Philip,

    Just finished looking at Eakin's other sketches. They are great, he is quite talented. I guess he takes after his Grandfather! I love the sketch he did of Uncle Lawton's boat.

    Take Care,
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:34 PM

    NC Mainlander agrees with bloggers...your grandson must have inherited those creative "Howard" genes. I also remember the skiff. Hope you will be able to get the motor running this year.

    Oh, Philip, did you get any snow?

    ReplyDelete