Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election

As with the rest of the country, Ocracoke has been abuzz with chatter about today's historic presidential election. The weather is windy and overcast with a chance of showers. But I don't believe it will keep many people from the polls. Fortunately for us, even if every registered island voter turns out at the Community Center to vote, the line is not expected to be long. This is, after all, a very small community. Dale promised to call me after the polls have closed to give me the results for Ocracoke. I'll publish them tomorrow.

For all of our readers, wherever you live, please don't pass up this opportunity to vote. It is both a privilege and an opportunity to participate in this great American enterprise.

Our latest "newsletter" is a link to my new web site, Black Squall Books, with information about my forthcoming book, Digging up Uncle Evans, History, Ghost Tales, and Stories from Ocracoke Island, which is expected to be available by mid-November. Click HERE to go directly to the web site to learn more.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:18 PM

    Don't you love the small communities we live in. Walked right into our voting place this afternoon. Person behind table knew me, so was ready for me when I walk up to table, NO line NO wait!

    Will be on Ferry Saturday morning, looking forward to R&R next week. I'll be by shop one day.

    Nollie

    ReplyDelete