Friday, May 16, 2008

Who'da Guessed?

Jude here. Last evening when Frank and I were getting in the truck in front of the Hemp Shop which is next door to Village Craftsmen, Woody Billings and his friend Terry ( hope that's the correct spelling) and her beautiful dog with a french name I can't remember stopped us. Woody said , "Jude how come there wasn't a blog today?" Well you could have knocked me over. As I sputtered an excuse I realized that quite a few folks must read our blog, even here on the island. That is neater than you know what... It feels so great having a connection with people who love the island. I'm a very down to earth person, much more so than Philip I believe. I have animals, I garden, I have a scotch every evening when I get home and I weep at sad things. Philip is much more sophisticated but we both have stories to tell. Right now I'd like to tell you that Jaren has been working sooooo hard on our website and is doing a great job. We have a lot of wonderful new things that I have found for the shop and she is getting them on the website as fast as she can. So have a look at the site and be sure and come in when you're here. Life is good, life is exciting. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I read your blog almost every day. My parents have been living on Ocracoke for a couple of months every summer since 1989 and we have all come to love Ocracoke. This summer my 20 year old son is lifeguarding at the public beach. He was finally able to get on the island Tuesday after the water receeded in Avon and he could catch the ferry. Thank you for your blog and the little glimpse of island life you give all the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:12 PM

    I too read your blog almost daily. If I miss a day, I go back and catch up. I know you realize how very blessed you are to live there.
    Question.
    I have Alltel wireless phone service and have always had good service on the island.

    Do you know how is the Alltel wireless internet servive on the island. I am thinking of switching and would be very happy if it works well there.

    Happy weekend!!!

    Sarah in Gastonia.

    By the way.

    I hope the staff profiles are being updated.

    Only ones there for at least the past few days are Amy, Phillip, Lou Ann and Leon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Hey Jude,
    Thanks for the great blog. Britt Matisse(the beautiful dog) enjoyed it too. I always enjoy reading your stuff. Hey, Sarah, Alltel works great out here. Summer is finally here and the island is getting packed. Have a Great Day !!!

    Woody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:58 PM

    too nice to blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:23 PM

    WOODY,

    Alltel wireless INTERNET???
    Making sure?


    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:02 PM

    NO Alltel Wireles Sarah but you get wireless at the Coffee Shop.

    Ciao

    ReplyDelete