Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ocracoke Business for Sale

It is Wednesday (well, actually, I am writing this on Tuesday evening -- I will be off island on Wednesday for another dental appointment). So I don't have any up-to-date news. However, an island friend told me that he and his wife have their Ocracoke business for sale. I know that many of our off-island readers fantasize about moving to the island and managing a small business. So, for their benefit, I am including a link to the business for sale: http://www.ocracokerestoration.com/

If you are interested, please contact Tom or Carol directly. Their email address is posted on their web site.

To see new items we've added to our on-line catalog, please click here: "What's New at Village Craftsmen".

You can read our latest newsletter here. It's the story of the Community Store and other general stores on the island.
.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pip,

    Greetings from Carrboro. I was hoping that I would be able to blog on your site also (any chance of including me as a virtual, distant guest blogger - my Blogger username is "warnerpass". Anyway, thought you might be interested in this, and am happy for you to post properly as your own, as I currently have to add this in as a comment to one of yours.


    Hi Pip and Friends,

    I wonder if any of you have got involved in the new craze that is sweeping the nation, the world, and yes, even Howard Street - geocaching. Well I just found a few caches on the island, with one just down the road from the Village Craftsmen (if yhe link here does not work, just do a search on geocaching.com for GCQ39V. Pip, this would seem to be right up your alley - literally. I can see you on your walking tour, GPSs at the ready!

    Anyway, I would suggest small shells and other natural finds on the island to be the perfect caches. So to all those who search, and to all who bury new caches I leave you with ... RESPECT THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT, and private property, and on Ocracoke, abide by the National Seashore laws.

    Happy hunting, Warner Passanisi (warnerpass_at_yahoo_dot_com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stores in preserved old structures always keep the childhood memories coming back, which is always nice, especially in these busy times. | Regarding your collectibles - apart from the ones you posted, might you be stocking some older automobile miniatures, and maybe some military paraphernalia? I'm quite the toy geek myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matthew, no we do not sell automobile miniatures or military parapernalia. Village Craftsmen sells strictly American made hand-crafted items.

    ReplyDelete