Saturday, October 21, 2006

Visiting

Lachlan & I went visiting yesterday afternoon. We stopped to see Ann Scarborough. She is 97 years old and a delight to spend time with. I can only hope I am as mentally sharp if I am lucky enough to live so long. Ann's great-grandson, Max, was off-island so we didn't get to visit with him. But Lachlan did manage to find most of his toys.

Then we stopped by to see Fowler and Chloe O'Neal. Fowler will be 85 years old today. Fowler was one of my dad's closest buddies. And Chloe & Fowler's granddaughter, Aurora Dawn, is the same age as Lachlan -- to the day. Aurora Dawn lives in Alaska so they are always happy to see Lachlan. As usual, they gave him a banana, which he gladly took.

I hope Lachlan will remember these visits, a happy connection to our island's heritage.

You can read our latest newsletter here. It's the story of the Community Store and other general stores on the island.
.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:48 PM

    I just found out that you will not be renting Lawton's next year. What a shame. It is truly a home away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:51 PM

    With a grand-dad like you I am sure that Lachlan will have great memories of the times he spent visiting everyone on the island; especially when he went with you. Judy

    ReplyDelete