Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Lawton's

Several of our long-time readers have rented my mother & father's former home ("Lawton's") on Howard Street the last few summers. Some just learned that this cottage will no longer be a summer rental. One person commented, "I just found out that you will not be renting Lawton's next year. What a shame. It is truly a home away from home."

I really appreciate the positive comments, and am happy so many people enjoyed staying there. We always liked having pleasant and interesting neighbors throughout the summer. I hope it is some consolation to our former renters to know that my daughter and her family will be moving into the house at the end of this year. Soon Amy, David, & Lachlan will be my next door neighbors; and the house will once again echo with the laughter of Lawton & Connie's grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Many thanks to all of our loyal renters.

You can read our latest newsletter here. It's the story of the Community Store and other general stores on the island.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment