Thursday, October 12, 2006

Back Again

I thought Philip would be back with you today but he's a bit under the weather. Which brings me to this mornings' shower. This morning was one of those kind of mornings that you want to go on all day long - sparkling - slow - the air scented with the good smells of the earth and the water. I stayed 'til I was pruney. Our outdoor shower is on our deck by the kitchen door. When you're in our shower and look up there's the sky and cedar trees and the wisteria vine. When the wisteria is in bloom you're showered not only with water but with hundreds of small lavender petals. I have bowed slightly at the waist a time or two imaging myself as royalty. One is quickly jolted back to reality when upon turning to grab the soap (Franks') you find yourself eye to eye with a frog or fiddler crab. Then there are the cats . Lord , they let you have no dignity as they gaze up at you from the outside. It's not a place for modesty - an outdoor shower. Good thing those critters can't talk.

You can read our latest newsletter here. It's the story of the Community Store and other general stores on the island

.

No comments:

Post a Comment