Monday, August 14, 2006

Tropical Water

Yesterday was such a beautiful day I went to the beach twice. Amy called about 7 am and asked me if I wanted to join her and Lachlan. Of course I agreed. We played in the sand, found locust shells on the grasses in the dunes, and splashed in the water. Only a few other folks were out that early, so we had the beach mostly to ourselves.

At noon, I went back (to a less populous beach) and walked several miles. To cool off I plunged into the surf. What a refreshing respite. The water was a clear, clean green. So often our water is rough, and it churns up sand, but yesterday it looked like the tropical waters of the Caribbean.

Truly, yesterday was the perfect beach day -- clear, blue skies; clean, sparkling water; and soft, warm sand. Ahhhhhhh.

You can read our latest newsletter here. It's about Ocracoke Islanders and "tokens of death."
.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:09 AM

    Your weather and beach reports are tearing up those of us who live and work on the mainland!

    ReplyDelete