Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Signs of Spring

One of the first things I noticed when I got back on the island was a beautiful yellow daffodil blooming right in front of our hurricane tide lines at the Village Craftsmen. The sign is showing its age, but the flower is announcing another new beginning. Actually daffodils are blooming all over the island along with other flowers and buds on trees. My peach tree has erupted in pink flowers. And the forecast calls for temperatures in the upper 60s tomorrow. Too bad I'll be "up the beach" visiting my dentist for a regular teeth cleaning. At least the drive should be pleasant.




You can read our latest newsletter here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news021806.htm. It's the story of the US Life Saving Station on Ocracoke and the wreck of the A.F. Crockett on February 17, 1885.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment