Sunday, February 12, 2006

Winter Weather

I awoke this morning to wind gusts pummeling the side of my house, but no rain....and no snow! The storm that clobbered the northeast missed us, so we have now only a light breeze and overcast skies. The temperature is cold for us (the forecast calls for temps just below freezing tonight), even if nowhere near what other parts of the US are experiencing.

Amy, David & Lachlan came by for pancakes this morning (with real maple syrup, thanks to Jim Horn and his book club). I babysat until noon so mama & papa could get some other things done. I haven't even walked on the beach today -- it's just been one of those perfect days to stay home and read by the fire.

We hope all of our off-island friends are staying warm and dry.

Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is Gary Mitchell's essay "I Believe in Pot-Lucks," published January 23, 2006. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news012306.htm.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment