Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A Windy Night

I awoke this morning to trees dancing outside my bedroom window. My house, even though it's about 140 years old, is solid and strong, so I didn't feel any shaking or rattling. But I could tell by the scene outside that the wind was blowing about 25 - 35 miles per hour. Gusts were likely around 40 mph. It definitely was no day to be out in a small boat.

Right now it is cool (about 50 degrees) and breezy, with winds about 10 miles per hour. I decided to forego my daily walk on the beach this afternoon. I believe I'll just go back home and curl up in front of the fire with my latest book, _John Adams_.

Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is Gary Mitchell's essay "I Believe in Pot-Lucks,"
published January 23, 2006. You can read it here:
http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news012306.htm.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment