Wednesday, December 15, 2004

At First It's Cold!

But then the hot water appears -- from both shower heads. Ahhhhh.

It's 35 degrees here this morning, and I thought a moment or two before heading to the outdoor shower. But, hey, it's invigorating....and really quite pleasant once the hot water starts flowing, even on a breezy day like today.

Several days ago a reader asked, "What's in store for New Year's Eve?........What does the island do to ring in the New Year?" I hate to admit it, but I don't know what folks are planning this year. Certainly something will be happening at Howard's Pub, and various others will be having private parties, but I don't know of any community-wide festivities being planned. That may change, however. Ocracokers are experts at throwing together parties at the last minute.

This year I'll be off-island for Christmas and New Year's Eve. A friend will be staying at my place. Maybe she'll throw a party while I'm gone! I don't trust her to add journal entries, though. There's no telling what she might tell you!



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Up here in Kill Devil Hills we just had a small snow squall!!!

    ReplyDelete