Thursday, September 16, 2004

Hurricanes & Babies

Everyone on Ocracoke is concerned for all of the folks who bore the brunt of Ivan's wrath, and we hope that Jeanne has minimal impact on the East Coast. This week seems to be a favorite of tropical storms & babies. The hurricane of 1944 battered Ocracoke on Sept. 14, which is also my son Stefen's & his wife, Snee's birthday.

The storm of 1933 hit the island on this date, Sept 16, 71 years ago, with winds of 120 mph. Today is also the birthdate of my very good friend Lou Ann's first grandchild, Jonah. Congratulations! I understand that baby, mama, and papa (and Lou Ann, or should I say "Granny"?) are doing fine. We wish them all well.

Tomorrow is my 3rd grandchild's birthday (Eliza will be 4 years old), and Saturday, Sept. 18 is the one year anniversay of hurricane Isabel.

Let's hope that hurricanes will soon be over for this season.


No comments:

Post a Comment