Monday, September 13, 2004

A Day for Rejoicing

Some would say today is just an ordinary day....sunny, breezy, cooler than it has been.....a quintessential fall day. I guess it's enough to rejoice about though. It's the perfect day to work or play outside. So I suppose I'll take a walk on the beach later this afternoon. Yesterday the waves were big and powerful, but the current was slight. I'm hoping the water will be at least as inviting today.

We're hoping you are having a wonderful day, as well. All of us on Ocracoke are concerned for the folks in Ivan's path, and we're watching and hoping that this storm ends its rampage before it causes any more major damage.


1 comment:

  1. I have been reading your posted journals about Ocracoke ever since Hurricane
    Isabel. I couldn't fine any information about Ocracoke except on your site
    Thanks so much. On a beautiful day when I am working I think about what it
    must like on Ocracoke I read what you have to say. It as close as I can be
    there. I started going to Ocracoke in 79 and vacation there ever since. I
    live in the Richmond Va area my kids grew up going to Ocracoke they never
    wanted to go anywhere else. I have read all of your postings and your home.
    thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete